Section 5: Preparation Resources Marketing 6–12 (275)
The resources listed below may help you prepare for the TExES exam in this field. These preparation resources have been identified by content experts in the field to provide up-to-date information that relates to the field in general. You may wish to use current issues or editions to obtain information on specific topics for study and review.
Journal of Finance of Marketing Allied Academies.
International Review of Entrepreneurship.
Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, International Society for
Technology in Education.
Journal of Marketing Education.
Texas Computer Education Association TechEdge and TechNotes.
Technology in Education.
Allen, K. R. (2011). Launching New Ventures: An Entrepreneurial Approach, Sixth Edition. San Francisco, Calif.: Cengage Learning.
Bearden, W. O., Ingram, R. W., and LaForge, R. W. (2007). Marketing Principles and Perspectives, Fifth Edition. Chicago, Ill.: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Burrow, J. L. and Kleindl, B. (2012). Business Management, Thirteenth Edition. Mason, Ohio: South-Western, Cengage Learning.
Greene, C. L. (2011). Entrepreneurship: Ideas in Action, Fifth Edition. Mason, Ohio: South-Western, Cengage Learning.
Kerin, R. A., Hartley, S. W., and Rudelius, W. (2014). Marketing, Twelfth Edition. Boston, Mass.: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F., and McDaniel, C. D. (2011). Essentials of Marketing, Seventh Edition. Mason, Ohio: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Lesikar, R. V., and Flatley, M. E. (2004). Basic Business Communication: Skills for Empowering the Internet Generation, Tenth Edition. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill/ Irwin.
McGraw Hill Education. (2010). Marketing Essentials. New York, N.Y.: Glencoe/McGraw-Hill.
Meyers, M. (2012). Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting PCs, Fourth Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802). Berkeley, Calif.: McGraw- Hill/Osbourne Media.
Nickels, W. G., McHugh, J., and McHugh, S. (2012). Understanding Business, Tenth Edition. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Silbiger, S.A. (2012). The Ten Day MBA, Fourth Edition. New York, N.Y.: Harper Business.
Thompson, A. A., and Stricklan, A. J. (2003). Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Thirteenth Edition. Burr Ridge, Ill.: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
Wells, D., and Ambrose, A. (2010). Computer Concepts Basics, Fourth Edition. Boston, Mass.: Cengage Learning.
- American Marketing Association — https://www.ama.org
- Association for Career and Technical Education — http://www.acteonline.org
- Career and Technical Association of Texas — https://www.ctat.org/page/marketingcouncil
- DECA Inc. — http://www.deca.org
- International Association of Business Communicators — http://www.iabc.com
- International Society for Technology in Education — http://www.iste.org
- Marketing Educators' Association — https://www.marketingeducators.org/
- Marketing Teacher — http://www.marketingteacher.com
- MBA Research and Curriculum Center — http://www.mbaresearch.org
- National Association for Career and Technical Information, Inc. (NACTEI) — http://www.nactei.org
- National Association of Economic Educators — https://naee.net
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards — http://www.nbpts.org
- National Career Development Association — http://www.ncda.org
- National Economic Association — https://www.neaecon.org/
- National Educational Technology Standards for Educators — https://www.iste.org/standards/for-educators
- National Marketing Education Standards — https://nbea.org/
- Texas DECA — https://www.texasdeca.org/
- Texas Education Agency, Certification (Testing) — https://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Educator_Testing/
- Texas Education Agency — http://www.tea.state.tx.us
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) — https://tea.texas.gov/Academics/Curriculum_Standards/TEKS_Texas_Essential_Knowledge_and_Skills
Return to Navigation